Abstract status letters for abstracts submitted in the original abstract submission was sent by the end of June, 2016.
ONLINE JOURNALAll submitted abstracts appear in the online Regional Anesthesia & Pain Medicine journal.
To view the abstracts, click here.
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS Link to the online journal
Only abstracts submitted via the online submission form will be sent to the Abstract Review Committee for review.
Abstracts submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
The Scientific Committee will determine whether abstracts will be accepted. The Committee will endeavour to schedule abstracts according to authors' preferences but reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation. All late breaking abstracts will be considered for e-poster presentation only.
A confirmation email will be sent to you when your abstract has been received. Please refer to your abstract by number, title and presenting author in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
Please contact the Secretariat if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been received.
All abstracts will be forwarded to the Committee for review. Notifications regarding status will be sent once the review process is complete.
Only the abstracts of registered presenting authors will be included in the final programme.
Registration fees must be received by the Secretariat by Wednesday July 6, 2016.
Abstracts accepted for presentation will be published on the website prior to the congress.
All accepted abstracts will be published in a special supplement of the journal Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine published by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
The presenting author is requested to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat.
Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published on the Congress website and in the congress journal supplement.
Presenting authors must be registered participants. Registration fees must be received by the Secretariat by Wednesday July 6, 2016 to ensure inclusion in the Scientific Programme.
The Scientific Committee will determine whether abstracts will be accepted as oral or poster presentations, with consideration to be given to the author's preference. Abstracts will be reviewed and assigned to appropriate sessions.
All submitted abstracts must contain novel data. Abstracts stating "data will be discussed in the presentation" will NOT be accepted.
The author is expected to attend the congress and present the poster.
If an abstract was previously submitted to a different congress, but was not presented, it can be submitted to this congress as well. If it was previously presented, it cannot be submitted to ESRA 2016.
Previously published papers may be presented at ESRA 2016.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
1. Presenting author's contact details:
Full postal address
Daytime and evening phone number
2. Author and co-authors' details -
Full first and family name(s)
Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
3. Abstract title - limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
4. Abstract text – limited to 250 words
Graphs and images may be uploaded in JPG, PNG and GIF format only. When including a table it is recommended to save the table as an image and then upload it in to the abstract A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract.
The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs in JPG format only.
The abstracts can be edited after submission until the submission deadline. Following the submission deadline no changes can be made to abstracts.
Abstracts must be submitted with the following sections:
Background and aims
Abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic for the scientific programme. Please choose from the list of topics.
ABSTRACT SUBMITTERS' DECLARATION
BEFORE SUBMITTING THE ABSTRACT, THE ABSTRACT SUBMITTER WILL BE REQUIRED TO CONFIRM THE FOLLOWING:
1. I, the Abstract Submitter, confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
2. Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. congress website, programmes, Journal, other promotions, etc.)
3. I, the Abstract Submitter, warrant and represent that I am the sole owner or have the rights of all the information and content ("Content") provided to the International Congress on Autoimmunity and Kenes International (Hereafter: "The Organizers"). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
4. I, the Abstract Submitter, grant the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
5. The Organisers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
6. I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract
IMPORTANT NOTE - ETHICS COMMITTEE APPROVAL
Only work that has received local animal or human ethics committee approval as appropriate will be considered for presentation and publication. A statement indicating ethics committee approval has been granted should be incorporated into the abstract and you will be requested to confirm that approval has been applied for/granted before you submit your abstract. When submitting your abstract, please upload your Ethics Committee Approval as a picture or as text pasted into the Abstract text field.
Abstracts which have not received approval will not be accepted - unless they fit into the special categories below.
Ethical committee approval is required for the following scenarios:
1. If there are patients involved in the study
2. Anonymous Retrospective Data Collection – unless local committee authorizes otherwise
3. Audit Study – unless local committee authorizes otherwise
Ethical committee approval is NOT required for the following scenarios:
1. Questionnaire survey of medical personnel
2. Case studies – with patient consent
3. Literature reviews
4. Historical research
5. Research performed on artificial model
6. Evaluation performed during pre-operative session – with receipt of informed consent
BEST FREE PAPER (RESIDENTS ONLY)
Relevant only for papers submitted for regular (not late breaking) abstract submission.
ESRA Best Free Paper (residents only) competition. Prizes are awarded to the top 3 papers based on accumulated scores of both abstract and presentation.
Candidates must be "Residents/Trainees" only
A Resident/Trainee cannot win the prize more than twice
In any given year the allocation of 2 winners from the same institution will not be permitted
Awards will be presented during the Congress.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified in advance
All presented abstracts, excluding the best free papers, will be considered for the Best Abstract Award. Prizes are awarded to the top 3 Abstracts based on accumulated scores of both abstract and presentation.